Archiv – Thermo Electron Corporation has introduced what it terms a new concept in cost-effective metals analysis, namely the ARL Quantris.Thermo Electron Corporation has introduced what it terms a new concept in cost-effective metals analysis, namely the ARL Quantris.
For some years now, arc/spark optical emission spectrometers have come in two basic configurations. Conventional PMT systems offer ultimate analytical performance but lack flexibility and can be relatively expensive for more complex configurations. More recent CCD-based instruments are often lower-priced, bench-top models but lack the analytical performance required for many of the tasks undertaken in modern metals analysis laboratories.
The ARL Quantris is said to remove the need to choose between performance, flexibility and cost. Among its many claimed benefits are:
* A state-of-the-art, second generation, CCD-based system for analytical performance on a par with PMT spectrometers;
* Rugged spectrometer construction and vacuum environment for ultimate analytical stability;
* Powerful and user-friendly software for rapid commissioning and optimum ease of use;
* Pre-calibrated systems, easy installation and simple operation;
* Total flexibility with regard to changing analytical requirements, eliminating the need for expensive mechanical re-builds.
Would you like to share any interesting developments or article ideas with us? Don't hesitate to contact us.