Innovation and plastics seem to go hand in hand. Indeed, over 40 finalists representing seven industry categories have made the shortlist of this year’s Plastics Recycling Awards Europe.
The most remarkable plastics pioneers will be announced on 11 April, as part of the Plastics Recycling Show in Amsterdam. The two-day expo includes an award ceremony, which covers prizes in seven categories, such as: Building & Construction Product of the Year, Automotive, Electrical or Electronic Product of the Year, Household & Leisure Product of the Year, Plastic Packaging Product of the Year, Product Technology Innovation of the Year, Recycling Machinery Innovation of the Year and Plastics Recycling Ambassador of the Year.
In the category Product Technology Innovation of the Year, the innovators are;
· Replacing virgin plastics in multi-layer flexible packaging by Newcycling re-granulates, APK, Mondi, Henkel and Borealis
· Bin-e workplace collection bin by Infocode – an IoT-based smart waste bin that recognises, sorts and compresses recyclables automatically
· REC-NIR-BLACK masterbatch by Ampacet – black masterbatch that is NIR-transparent to allow sorting with near-infrared optical sensors for recycling of black plastics
· Thermal Anaerobic Conversion chemical recycling process by Plastic Energy
· Sustane polymer compounds by RPC bpi recycled products
· Clariter Technology, a chemical recycling process for non-recyclable polyolefinic plastics
· Cadel deinking process for LPDE, HDPE, PP and PET
‘With an extended number of categories and forty finalists confirmed, the second edition of the awards is a perfect illustration of the continuous technological development and growing innovation in the sector,’ comments Ton Emans, president of event organisor Plastics Recyclers Europe. ‘This year’s finalists demonstrate not only their goal to improve the efficiency and quality of plastics recycling processes but also the goal of making plastic products more circular,’ he adds.
The Plastics Recycling Show will take place on 10 and 11 April at the Amsterdam RAI business centre. The event includes a conference.
Would you like to share any interesting developments or article ideas with us? Don't hesitate to contact us.