How is plastics recycling shaping the future? And how will the ‘wild card’ that is Asia impact the global plastics sector? You will find the answers to these questions at the upcoming K2019 expo in Germany.
The comprehensive plastics industry event is expected to draw over 200 000 visitors from all over the world. The week-long trade show will take place in the city of Düsseldorf from 16-23 October. Around 3000 international exhibitors representing leading tech companies, recyclers, and plastics and rubber producers have already signed up so far.
Besides, the next generation of bright minds will receive extra attention via daily workshops, university talks and recruitment platforms. Prominent R&D institutes and associations will also share best practices. This fundemental section of the K2019 is called the Science Campus. It was especially designed to encourage an active discourse between researchers and the plastics industry.
Topics to be discussed at the integrated conference or by exhibitors include;
- Plastics as a feedstock for renewable energy
- Pushing plastics sorting to the next level
- Sustainable design: recycled content solutions
- New materials and additives
- Lightweight engineering
- The impact of the circular economy
- Automotive plastics & e-mobility
- What’s (im)possible with bio-plastics
- Fine tuning washing solutions for plastic scrap
- How to survive in an increasingly digital world
Would you like to share any interesting developments or article ideas with us? Don't hesitate to contact us.