Skip to main content

Leading P&G brand in bottle made from ocean plastic

Global – A bottle made completely from post-consumer and ocean-reclaimed plastics has been launched by Procter & Gamble (P&G) for its flagship Fairy brand of washing-up liquid. The aim of the project is to ‘€˜drive awareness of the issue of ocean plastic pollution, inspire consumers to physically participate in beach clean-ups and recycle household waste’€™, according to the company.

The bottles comprise 10% plastic collected from oceans and beaches around the world, with the remaining 90% being post-consumer recycled plastic.

Created in partnership with US-based recycling innovator TerraCycle, some 320 000 bottles will be made – claimed to be ‘the largest production run of recyclable dish soap bottles in the world made using ocean plastic’.

TerraCycle’s ceo Tom Szaky comments: ‘The issue of ocean pollution is a pertinent one; we hope other brands will be inspired to think creatively about waste and make the circular economy a reality.’

Bottles containing leading P&G brands such as Fairy, Dawn, Yes, Dreft and Joy are said to comprise an average of 40% post-consumer plastic.

Don't hesitate to contact us to share your input and ideas. Subscribe to the magazine or (free) newsletter.

You might find this interesting too

Innovation recycling centre unveiled by Coperion
Plastics outlook: prime prices offer little respite
Austrian tech provider to deliver shredder line to US recycler

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Subscribe now and get a full year for just €169 (normal rate is €225) Subscribe