Skip to main content

Top score for IT recycling specialist

A Finnish company supporting businesses to use IT equipment more sustainably has been awarded the highest grade for circular economy progress under the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s new ‘Circulytics’ assessment programme.

3stepIT’s role includes ensuring that IT devices at the end of their lifecycle are securely refurbished and reused. In 2019, it handled half a million devices, finding new homes for 98% of returned devices and recycling the remaining 2%.

The ‘Grade A’ assessment comes only months after Circulytics was launched by the foundation in January. At its centre is a tool allowing organisations to assess how they are progressing in circular economy initiatives. This company wide reckoning provides a snapshot of the circularity of their service models and highlights areas to develop.

Carmen Ene, ceo at 3stepIT, says: ‘Reuse and refurbishment provides a sustainable alternative to managing technology that eliminates electronic waste and provides access to technology for those that need it most.

‘The world is slowly waking up to the need for a more sustainable way of consuming technology, and we are focused on helping our customers progress towards a more circular way of doing business, while ensuring we walk the talk at 3stepIT.’

The company is headquartered in Helsinki and employs more than 400 people in 10 countries, serving more than 3 000 businesses worldwide. It operates refurbishing centres in Finland, Sweden, Norway and Singapore.

3stepIT’s ceo Carmen Ene.

Would you like to share any interesting developments or article ideas with us? Don't hesitate to contact us.

You might find this interesting too

World Economic Forum crowns Gemini ‘New Champion’
Bottle-to-bottle wave rolls in

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Subscribe now and get a full year for just €136 (normal rate is €170) Subscribe