Skip to main content

Canon introduces European inkjet recycling scheme

Europe – Canon, the imaging and optical products manufacturer, is rolling out an inkjet cartridge recycling scheme across 15 countries in Europe following the success of a one-year trial recycling programme in the UK and Germany.

‘Our inkjet recycling scheme allows customers to recycle genuine Canon inkjet cartridges for free and ensures 100% of each cartridge is diverted from landfill,’ the company stated. According to Canon, more than 97% of each cartridge is reused or recycled into other products while the remaining 3% will serve the waste-to-energy sector.

The move represents the second step towards becoming a greener business for Canon Europe, which has been running a toner cartridge recycling scheme in 20 countries (16 in Europe) since 1990. This take-back service has resulted in more than 287 000 tonnes of toner cartridges being collected globally, saving some 185 000 tonnes of virgin material.

Implementation of the new scheme means consumers in Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK will be able to recycle their Canon products.

To make use of the scheme, Canon customers are asked to fill in a short form online, upon which Canon will supply freepost return envelopes so the cartridges may be returned for recycling.

For more information, visit: www.canon-europe.com

Don't hesitate to contact us to share your input and ideas. Subscribe to the magazine or (free) newsletter.

You might find this interesting too

‘For circularity to develop, we need circular logic’
Panasonic looks to cut e-scrap volume in US

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Subscribe now and get a full year for just €169 (normal rate is €225) Subscribe