Organisers of the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2023 have extended the entry deadline for all seven categories until 13 January 2023.
The categories are: Plastics Recycling Ambassador, Building & Construction Product, Automotive, Electrical or Electronic Product, Household & Leisure Product, Plastic Packaging Product, Product Technology Innovation and Recycling Machinery Innovation.
Shortlisted finalists will be announced on 28 February and showcased at the Plastics Recycling Show Europe in Amsterdam from 10-11 May. The winners will receive their awards on the second day.
To qualify for an award, entries must meet a number of criteria including:
- Products and innovations must be designed, developed or manufactured in Europe
- Products must contain a minimum of 50% recycled content
- All entries must promote sustainability and circular economy
Who is eligible to enter?
- Brand owners/manufacturers
- Product designers
- Raw material suppliers
- Recycling technology specialists
- Suppliers of recycled plastic products
Winners in recent years have included diverse and innovative brands such as Arçelik, Brabantia, Danone, Deutsche Telekom, DS Smith, Mondi, Pellenc ST, Philips, Procter & Gamble, Reckitt, Samsonite and Volvo Cars.
Mik Van Gaever, chief operating officer of Fost Plus, who was named Plastics Recycling Ambassador 2022, has joined the judging panel for the 2023 awards.