Seven winners of the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2022 were announced at the annual Plastics Recycling Show Europe in Amsterdam.
According to event organiser Plastics Recyclers Europe (PCE), the industry has witnessed a ‘dramatic and inspirational rise’ in the use of circular plastics through increased recycling and recyclability over the last five years.
The winning innovators are:
- • Grupo Antolin (Best Automotive, Electrical or Electronic Product) – a sustainable modular headliner for vehicle interiors and downstream recycling solutions.
- Montello spa & WET/Ecopixel srl (Best Building & Construction Product) –solar heat panels made from recycled plastic using at least 95% post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastics.
- Mik Van Gaever of Fost Plus (Plastics Recycling Ambassador of the Year) – for his ‘tireless efforts’ to establish a circular economy for household packaging.
- Borealis and Ecoplast Kunststoffrecycling (Best Plastic Packaging Product) – recyclable collation shrink film with ‘outstanding’ PCR content.
- Pellenc ST (Best Recycling Machinery Innovation) – Mistral+Connect sorting system.
- Procter & Gamble (Best Product Technology Innovation) – recyclable mono PE pouch.
- Brabantia (Best Household & Leisure Product) – the StepUp pedal bin made with 91% PCR PE.
All winners received a trophy with a 3D printed base made from 100% recycled ABS plastic car dashboards and a multi-colour top laser cut from compressed HDPE bottle caps recovered from beach cleaning.
‘As the use of recycled plastic continues to grow, we’ve seen both the number and quality of the submissions to the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe steadily rise,’ says Ton Emans, president of PCE. ‘It has not made the task of judging easy but this year’s winners represent yet another high point in our path towards the truly circular use of plastics throughout the entire value chain.’
Would you like to share any interesting developments or article ideas with us? Don't hesitate to contact us.