Archiv – The new Caterpillar H65Ds represents the manufacturer’s largest hammer option for compact equipment users and capitalises on the technology used in its H55Ds hammer introduced last year.The new Caterpillar H65Ds represents the manufacturer’s largest hammer option for compact equipment users and capitalises on the technology used in its H55Ds hammer introduced last year.
Those innovations include a simplified design to provide low owning and operating costs along with maximum performance, productivity, reliability and durability, as well as an enclosed housing to protect the power cell, eliminate side plate bolts, and reduce noise levels.
Other features include:
* Recoil isolation to protect the carrier from damaging reflective forces;
* Ultra-high blow rates for greater productivity in concrete and asphalt applications;
* A high- and low-pressure accumulator to protect the carrier hydraulic system and to assist the power stroke of the piston;
* A one-piece body to eliminate tie rods;
* A two-position hose mounting to optimise hose routing; and
* The combination of three bushings into one for a slip fit and replaceability in the field.
The H65Ds is sized for use with all Cat skid-steer and multi-terrain loaders as well as with the following mini hydraulic excavators: 303.5C, 303C CR, 304C CR, and 305C CR. The new hydraulic hammer is compatible with the Caterpillar pin-grabber quick-coupler system. For increased versatility, the H65Ds can be equipped with a chisel, moil, spade or compacting plate.
Would you like to share any interesting developments or article ideas with us? Don't hesitate to contact us.